One of our favorite things about Maui (aside from the perfect weather) is the food! The Hawaiian Islands have become a melting pot of cultures, and with so many imports, it’s inevitable that we’ll see a great variety of delicious, worldly food. Below are just a few of our favorite spots to eat, along with some of the things we order again and again!
- Fabiani’s Bakery & Pizzeria… Oh man, here’s the story: amazing Italian cook marries awesome pastry chef and you get the best little hidden gem in Kihei
- Sarentos’ on the Beach…the secret is to call in advance and make reservations on the wall for sunset…and, wow, the view and the food are amazing.
- The best local grinds on the South Side can be found at Da Kitchen, and if you like Kalua Pork, you seriously can’t order it anywhere else!
- 808 Deli is the spot, They have great sandwiches and salads. Try the homemade pudding.
The views and food are amazing at
- Monsoon India. Great place to watch a breathtaking sunset, too!
- Sam Sato’s in Wailuku is one of the famous local, cash-only spots on the island. Try the dry mein and BBQ sticks.
- Three’s Bar and Grill in Kihei is a great mix of sushi, local, and pacific-rim inspired dishes. Check out their amazing happy hour
- Stop by Polli’s Mexican Restaurant in Makawao for homemade flour tortilla chips, excellent chunky salsa, and the burrito supreme.
- Sip Me is a cute and relaxed local coffee shop chain with locations in Kahului, Makawao, and Paia. They have the best chai lattes and their pastries are always fresh!
- Coconut’s Fish Café in Kihei is a “go-to” for a quick, affordable meal. I love the Fish Tacos with Mangoes!
- I love visiting Mama’s Fish House in Paia for excellent fine dining. It’s definitely pricey, but if you’re on vacation, might as well splurge.