Moving Tips to or from Maui
During the real estate transaction, there are so many things to focus on. My goal is to make things easy as possible for my clients. When it comes to moving. I have created this essential list of Moving tips to keep handy and help make the process easier.
MOVING DAY: OLD HOME
- Pick up the truck as early as possible if you are moving yourself.
- Make a list of every item and box loaded on the truck
- Let the mover know how to reach you
- Double-check closets, cupboards, attic, basement and garage for any left behind items
MOVING DAY: NEW HOME
- Be on hand at new home to answer questions and give instructions to the mover
- Check off boxes and items as they come off the truck
- Install new locks
- Confirm that the utilities have been turned on and are ready for use
- Unpack your “first day” box (see list for suggested contents)
- Unpack children’s toys and find a safe place for them to play
Furniture pads, hand truck or dolly, packing tape, bubble wrap, newspapers or packing paper, scissors, utility knife, labels, felt-tip markers, cornstarch packing peanuts, plenty of boxes.
FIRST DAY ESSENTIALS:
Scissors, utility knife, local phone book, coffee cups, teakettle, instant coffee or tea, pencil and paper, soap, bath towels, trash bags, shelf liner, paper plates, snacks, toilet paper, children’s toys
Click the link above to learn about shipping a car. Watch as my team and I assist a client in shipping her car off of Maui. And Learn to avoid the mistakes we made along the way.
Buying Site Unseen
You do not even need to be here to move to Maui. Many of my clients have purchased property completely remotely. My team and I are here to assist as your eyes and ears here on the island. Click the link to read about buying Site unseen: 10 Tips When Buying in Maui Site Unseen | Tom Tezak, Maui Realtor
Be sure to check out the full Buyer’s guide here if you are purchasing property on Maui: Maui Buyer’s Guide Comprehensive